Friday, August 10, 2012

Season Tickets Baby, Update

SeasonTicketsBaby.com update: Currently enjoying the Pirates' longest homestand of the season, 11 games against three Western Division opponents:
This free shirt Friday's a winner!

  • Monday - I had exchanged this pair for 2 extras on the last homestand 
  • Tuesday - Went to this game 
  • Wednesday - Went again 
  • Thursday - Sold to friend 
  • Friday - Going tonight (free shirt Friday)
  • Saturday (Styx + Zambelli) - Sold, thank God
  • Sunday - Sold
  • Monday - Going
  • Tuesday - Going
  • Wednesday - Going
  • Thursday - Sold

So I will be using 7 out of 11 (6 attended, 1 exchanged) and selling the other 4 games.  Perfect!

Notes:

Aisle Seats - I definitely appreciate having the aisle seats.  I can dart right up for a nine dollar Magic Hat or Sam Adams Summer Ale during the Pierogi race 'n'at.  But, man, the flow of fans, especially at crowded games, can get annoying.  Having the aisle to my left means that anyone going up or down during an inning will walk directly between me and the field of play.  It's not just a problem of the aisle seat, though.  These in-game snackers, late arrivals, and stupid girls who just can't find their friends, are getting in everyone's way.  It's actually kind of fun when the inevitable berating begins.

This one girl stood on one step in the aisle, during the inning, looking both left and right (which are two totally different sections) for her friends.  She scoured every row.  Meanwhile there have been like six pitches thrown already.  (Yes, I'm switching verb tenses.) So she pulls out her phone, while still standing on the step, to call her friends to help her find the seats.  Normally the usher -- my regular guy is great, by the way -- would deal with this problem immediately, but he was occupied.  So she's holding her nachos in one hand and pink phone in the other hand, standing one step in front of my row. Finally people start hootin' and hollerin', and she turns around, disgusted at us, and says, "I'm trying to find my seats."  Oh we know you can't find your seats. That's the freakin' problem!  I'll try to snap some pictures of the most egregious offenders.  I have to give the ushers credit, though, for doing their best to address this problem...

Beers - Most games I tell myself I just won't have any beer because it's just so damn expensive.  I try to decide ahead of time -- I'm either all in or all out.  By "all in," I mean that if I am going to have a beer or two, I'm not going to let the price stop me.  So unless I'm prepared to buy two or three, I'll plan on just not drinking any.  Now, outside the stadium, on the Clemente Bridge side, outside of Atria's restaurant, you can get 3$ cans with weeknight 2$ specials.  So you can get 4 of these Straub cans outside for the same price as a Miller Light pounder inside. I'm wondering if I can just grab a couple of those cans at game time and shove them in my pockets.  It's not like they strip search you on the way in.  The other idea is just a soft pack cooler with a small false bottom -- and I could lay 4 beer cans along the bottom.

What do you think?




No comments:

Post a Comment