Monday, August 13, 2012

SeasonTicketsBaby returns to PNC for Dodgers Series

I'll be back in Section 107, Row R, seat 19
on the aisle tonight
After selling my tickets for Saturday's and Sunday's packed games this past weekend -- the 113,539 series attendance was the second-highest for a three-game series in PNC Park's 12 seasons -- I'll be attending the next three games against the LA Dodgers.  The Dodgers, major winners at the trade deadline, come in with a revamped lineup and bullpen.  

It seems like I'm saying this every 3 or 4 days, but this has got to be one of the most important series of the season so far.  But the reason I keep saying that is because it's a pennant race.  It really is.  It's actually happening.  Each pitch, each inning, game, series, week is more important than the previous one.  The team's slogan this year could very well be "We Matter!"

Dodgers and Cardinals
are both playoff contenders
Sure, the spotlight has been shining on the Pirates for a while, but now it's getting brighter. Now it's mid-August.  Now you're facing other playoff contenders.  Now the fans have real expectations.  To exemplify this point: I turned the game off in disgust yesterday after it was five to nothing in the second inning, and was thrilled to tune back in for a nine-run inning.  

I'll be back tonight in Section 107, Row R, seat 19 right on the aisle. Love these season tickets, baby!

One terrible trend I'm hoping will end is the first inning homers allowed by the Pirates.  Four straight games they've allowed a homerun in the first inning!  22 total homers allowed in the first inning this year! The Dodgers' lineup will not make it easy.  How about this -- the best centerfielders in the league square off tonight -- Cutch and Matt Kemp, second in last year's MVP balloting.

Since my season tickets started the Pirates are merely 7 and 6 at home.  I want to see that ratcheted up a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment