Thursday, August 23, 2012

Regression Toward the Mean

You're familiar with the phrase 'regression toward the mean,' a colleague asked me today in the kitchen area on the 4th Floor of Newel Simon Hall.  Yes, I said quizzically, wondering how my clumsy attempt to refill the coffee pot represented a regression toward the mean.  Ah-hah!  He wasn't referring to the coffee. This loyal SeasonTicketsBaby reader was referring to the 2012 Buccos and my lovely graph.  Well, shield your eyes, folks, that's one mean regression!

Pirates have fallen under playoff pace but remain above .500

I have a great article lined up and ready to go -- just waiting for the right time to post it.  It's about me in the prime of my "career" 14 years old playing little league baseball and doing the tomahawk chop with a big foam tomahawk during the 1991 Braves-Twins epic World Series.  Native Pittsburghers, forgive me for it.

I've been waiting for a hot streak by the Bucs before I publish it, but maybe given the off day I will post it tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment