Thursday, September 26, 2013

Enjoying Final Games from Afar

Wednesday I flew to Seattle for a very good friend's wedding, so I get to enjoy the final Pirates games from the Pacific Time Zone. Saturday and Sunday, the final 2 games of the series (and season) that will determine home field advantage in the one-game Pirates-Reds Wild Card playoff, start at 1pm Eastern ... which means 10am Pacific! 

Two years ago I came out here to visit and got to watch a Steelers-Ravens game at 10am, my first time experiencing East Coast sports from the West Coast. I loved it. Instead of pacing all morning waiting for Garret Cole to take the mound, I can hop right out of bed and into baseball watching mode. No fucking around, just wake up and get right to it. Sunday morning promises to be a religious affair as this historic 2013 season comes to a climax, hopefully concluding with the promise of at least one more game at PNC Park! Ground Chuck, baby! The Cole Train! #LGB

No comments:

Post a Comment