Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Smart Food

In conjunction with the Pirates food and beverage / gate policy I've decided to bring my own snacks tonight. Usually I don't buy a lot of food at the park. I love getting the crab fries, but they cost 10 bucks, and you can't get a "small." I love Primanti's, but I'd rather save that for a night out drinking in the South Side rather than outside at the park on a steamy August evening. And for something like a hot dog or burger, it just pains me to pay ballpark prices for mediocre (at best) food. A lot of times I grab a slice of pizza on the way home, after crossing the Clemente bridge into downtown. (Two fifty for a big slice! Great deal, but I have to wait till after the game)

After suffering through a free hot dog last week, I figured why not just grill my own Hebrew National all beef frank before the game tonight? So I had a grilled hot dog with steamed veggies (broccoli and carrots from my garden), and I brought peanuts, cajun sesame sticks, and red grapes with me. 





No comments:

Post a Comment