Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Sales Thinning Out!

As an example of my previous post today, I wasn't able to sell my tickets for tonight's game.  That's the first time that's happened.  Every other game that I've sold (14 total) I've been able to sell on game day (if not already sold in advance).  Today marks the first time that failed.  It's starting to seem like the Brand New Bucco Experience is becoming defined as 'showing potential in the middle of the season for 1 or 2 great months but stumbling through August and September like it was 2006.'  I would still be interested in going to these games if 30,000 other people were.  I'd still be interested in rooting on the home team, the team that's a couple games out of the wild card with an entire month to play, if there were some other like minded fans out there.  That's not to say I don't get it -- I do.  Losing more than you win and drawing 15,000 fan does not make me want to go to the games either.  But being right there in a potential play off race in September, isn't that all you can ask for?  Isn't that exactly what you'd hope going into a baseball season?  I don't know, it's a week night, it's rainy, it's the Astros... but still... last week against the Cardinals there was no buzz either.  So don't blame the Astros.  The Pirates are the 7th best team in the National League.  The best 5 make the playoffs.  That's really really close, it's within reach.  Is football season already taking over?

No comments:

Post a Comment